The Duck has Landed

Let's admit it... We're all children at heart, and every time this amusing, massive, rubber duck finds its way on to my news feed or crosses my line of sight while browsing reddit I can't help but giggle in a manner quite unbecoming of a grown man. The duck was made by a a Dutch artist and has been touring the world since 2007. The duck is said to be for the purpose of healing distress and relieving tensions, and for anyone who knows anything about Korea, that is something that is desperately needed here. I used to go running nightly at Seokcho Lake where the duck will be displayed for a month. I will be happily returning as often as I can manage just to enjoy the outright silliness of it all. Cheers!... uh, Quack!



I had to go back in the daylight too. Thankfully there weren't as many gawkers as I had imagined. It was actually pretty calm and peaceful, but I don't imagine it will remain that way for long. Also if someone wants to make some serious cash they should start selling normal sized rubber ducks, duck calls, and roast duck on location. I'm amazed that despite the fanfare no one thought of this.

I couldn't help but imagine this guy uttering
the deepest of quacks in my presence.

1 comment:

  1. This is the precise weblog for absolutely everyone who wishes to are seeking out out about this subject matter. You notice a lot its almost arduous to argue with you. You definitely put a modern spin on a subject that is been written about for years. Nice stuff, sincerely high-quality!

    ReplyDelete